4.04.2007

Don't tell me what to think - Parolee Voting

As an openly transgender person, I am constantly being told what I should think. I make my own decisions, and recently the ACLU told me I should write to my senators about Parolee Voting. Here's what I had to say. (Sent to Democratic senators in Colorado)

The ACLU has recently informed me that I should support parolee voting, and that you had recently changed your stand to be against voting rights for people on parole. In spite of what I'm told to think, I support you. Thank you for insuring that Colorado will not be a state that goes soft on criminals. Parole is part of the punishment, and as such, it should involve unpleasant circumstances like not being allowed to vote. You are doing the right thing. Stand your ground - you have support from your fellow Colorado Democrats!

Thanks,
Jasmine D. Adamson
Lakewood

No comments:

 
hit counter script