3.13.2007

Size What?!

So, every woman has her "truth jeans". This is the pair of jeans that fits you exactly, but only when you are the perfect size. You use this pair of jeans to judge your weight. Everyone does it, I'm not going to hide it, I have a pair myself. Anyway, one day I was wearing them and I happened to go to the bathroom, and while I was sitting there, I looked down and saw the tag on my 100-dollar designer truth jeans.

SIZE 10?! WTF?!

I am fucking skinny, ok. There is no reason why I should be in a god damn size 10! My measurements (and I checked), are 34-30-35... that's thin. I don't understand why I should be in the double digits, and why I should have to pay so much for it too. Some things I have are size 4, and one dress is a 14... I don't get it. Why can't I be average-tall-skinny-woman-size? I'm one size - why can't my clothes be one size too? Sheesh.

2 comments:

Realdenvernative said...

Hey Jazzy...I have to admit that the whole womens sizing thing leaves me totally confused. When I've gone shopping with women (yes I'm one of those guys that will happily shop with a women) my head is spinning from how one pair of pants is an 8 another from the same designer is a 10 and then a shirt can be a small or medium! Who comes up with these sizes? And why do women put up with it? It could be a comment on men, that they know they can't confuse us too much, so that everything is pretty standard. Look at guys wearing Dockers (grranimals for grownups). These guys would never be able to figure out a range of sizes--so everything better just fit what the tag says. If you can help me understand this, please drop me a line at realdenvernative@gmail.com. It would make it so much easier for me to understand what I'm seeing when I'm shopping for someone.

Jasmine said...

Heh... what you are seeing is a system that is really not a system at all. It's completely random. You have to try things on, and you can't reliably pick things for other people. Well, maybe you could eye-ball it, but you can't go by the sizes. Usually bigger numbers will be bigger sized within the same manufacturer, but that's not always right. Express size 8 from two years ago is now Express size 10.

 
hit counter script